Coronavirus Cleaning Services
SERVPRO is here to help disinfect, sanitize and clean your home and business!
As we are learning new developments about the Coronavirus COVID-19, we must do our part and take advised measures to flatten the curve and protect ourselves and the ones we love.
Need Specialized Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today 818-730-1434
SERVPRO of Ojai/Montecito professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here are 10 key indicators of Coronavirus symptoms which can appear two to two weeks after exposure:
- Shortness of Breath
- Dry Cough
- Chills and Body Aches
- Sudden Confusion
- Digestive Issues
- Pink Eye
- Loss of Smell and Taste
- Headache, Sore Throat, Congestion
It is important to consult your medical provider if you develop any severe or concerning symptoms.
Tips from the CDC on stopping the spread of germs is to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- When in public, wear a cloth face covering over your mouth and nose.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touch objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
As a vendor of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, we are always here to help the community. For more information about our services, please contact our Executive Vice President of Sales, Genna Grinblat at Genna@SERVPROwestcoast.com or at 818-730-1434. Let us know how we can help.
Working From Home? Here Is Our Guide To Staying Productive And Being Successful
Working from home for the first time? Work and make it work!
As coronavirus changes the daily lives of Americans, lately many of us get the privilege to work from home to be safe. There are certain perks to working from home. You officially have the shortest commute and your meetings do not happen in the conference room. But, if you are not careful, working from home can also come with some downsides. If you are the type to get distracted easily, do not worry, there is hope.
Here is our guide to staying productive. Want to know if they work? Well, this blog you are reading right now was written from home sweet home.
1. Get an office. Set aside a whole room or a portion of your home that is for all business and only business. Your bed would not be the ideal location to set up your office because that is where you sleep.
2. Get rid of background noise. Be aware of how productive you are while listening to music. Playing music all day helps some people while it can distract others. So, find out which one you are.
3. Break a sweat! Since gyms are shut down in California for a while due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak, make it apart of your job to set aside about 30 minutes to an hour to get your body moving at home. Working from home can reduce the amount of calories we burn in a day. You can still workout outside in nature. You could even throw on a workout video to your liking on YouTube. So, grab that jump rope, some light weights or both. No excuses.
4. Keep essentials in your workspace. Keep items such as snacks, coffee or a cozy sweater near your desk. This is a way to prevent you from getting up to grab something and encountering who-knows-what distractions around the house.
5. Know when to take a break. When your home is also your office, it can feel like you are always working. Decide when you are done for the day, and stick to it.
6. Communicate! Make sure to stay in communication with people throughout the day. Chat with colleagues, schedule phone meetings or even check in on Zoom. This will make you feel less lonely and it will also make you feel like an asset to the company you are working for.
7. Get Dressed. Keep your outfit casual and comfortable, but not in the pajama family. It might sound unnecessary, but you will feel more professional, and you will be prepared if a last-minute meeting comes up.
8. Keep things clean! Make sure to always have your workspace clean by the end of the day, so when you come back to it the next day, you are ready to work without clutter. Also doing this will help reduce trash from piling up.
9. Look at the perks of working from home. You are home during the day. Do you realize what that means? You save on gasoline because you don't have to drive to the office. Most importantly, you won't get anyone sick if you come to work with a sniffle. The more you enjoy working from home, the more you will enjoy your job. Now, get back to work!
Got Mold? We Are The Experts In Mold Remediation!
Garage platform and car lift assembly located in Calabasas, California, where our team performed detailed cleaning and disinfecting.
Garage platform and car lift assembly located in Calabasas, California, where our team performed detailed cleaning and disinfecting. Our team utilized botanical disinfectants and photo-documented before during and after for complete transparency. Upon removal cleared all subterranean drains. Our team utilized a high-pressure steam pressure washing system.
The homeowner was referred to our office by a very prestigious and well-known luxury home builder. We also have pressure washers that will recover the water if contaminated and/or the city requires water drainage to be in a sanitary drain. We are very cognizant of the drought that plagues California and used only the necessary amount of water when pressure-washing both residential and sophisticated commercial or industrial building structures.
Sometimes we pressure wash inside of commercial/industrial concrete tilt-up buildings. We have performed this type of work in the city of Vernon and throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We are a preferred vendor for the California Department of Motor Vehicles and perform their exterior cleanup.
Clients would never know our crews were here overnight.
This fertility clinic in the Ojai community suffered a large water loss due to a broken toilet supply line. Our technicians had to work carefully and quickly with this high-end fertility clinic because relocation of the IFV clinic was not an option nor was it allowed. The business was to remain open during business hours, which meant that our crews worked from 5PM to 6AM, this way not to disturb the business. Every morning when our large loss response team left you would never have known they were there all night taking care of the water damage that was in the clinic. Being an elite large loss destination means that we have the ability to accommodate any emergency circumstance such as this one where we had to work over night and in under a week to ensure that the company was able to still run smoothly and take care of their patients. The clinic was impressed and thankful for our diligence in their facility and couldn't rave about us enough.
Tips for Choosing the Right Commercial Restoration Company
Restoration can be tricky if you don't hire the right company.
3 tips for choosing the right commercial restoration company.
None of us ever consider the possibility of a burst pipe, flooded basement or other water damage reckoning our home or buildings. But when such damage occurs, it can create serious issues. As a homeowner or manager of a commercial building, it is important to consider hiring a professional water damage restoration company to prevent the damage from getting worse.
Check for certification: IICRC promotes high standards, ethics, advance communication and technical proficiency amongst restoration services. All SERVPRO franchises are IICRC certified.
The more services the better: Ideally, you should choose a restoration company that not only offers water damage restoration services but also provides other services such as mold damage remediation. Mold remediation is an important part of restoration work and any reputable restoration company should provide this service.
Emergency services: The key to effective restoration after water damage is a quick response. It is important to look for a water damage restoration company that is operational 24/7 and provides emergency services. Water damage can strike at any moment without warning.
Signs of a Water Leak Behind a Wall
It can sneak up on you after a water damage goes unnoticed.
There are many potential causes of water damage in your home. Some sources of water damage, such as floods, burst pipes, and sewage back ups, are obvious and homeowners notice them right away. However, there are some sources of water damage that are much more difficult to detect such as water leaks behind walls. Homeowners typically do not notice hidden leaks until they have already caused a considerable amount of damage. Hidden water leaks can be dangerous because they can cause structural damage and also cause microbial growth to spread undetected. While most signs happen out of view here a few to be on the lookout for: musty odors, staining, peeling or bubbling wall paint, warped walls, buckled ceilings and/or floors. All of these signs can point towards a water leak but you need to have a professional come out and take a look. When you find a water leak always call a plumber first to stop the leak and then call SERVPRO to come out and then asses the water damage. Trust a water restoration professional to remove all the affected materials and the possible microbial growth safely.
Little Things Can Cause Big Fires
Leave it to the professionals.
Every year the US Fire Administration provides statistics detailing the amount of home fires they record and there’s no sign that they are stopping. But as a homeowner you can take precautions to reduce your chances of sparking a large fire. Be aware of everyday activities such as cooking, using the heat, smoking, and doing laundry, can all be considered fire hazards. Being cautious and watching the stove when you are cooking or even smoking outside instead of putting out cigarettes in your home can mean the tiniest difference but save you a big headache. While we hope you never suffer from fire damage, the off chance that you do you should always exit the home safely and let the fire department do their job; and once they have deemed it safe call SERVPRO. We have many years of professional fire restoration and can be sure to walk you through the entire process and restore everything we possibly can.
Around the Clock
Our technicians are always on call, so never be afraid to dial SERVPRO.
SERVPRO is known for being faster to any size disaster, commercial or residential. When compared to other restoration companies SERVPRO of Ojai/Montecito is not only on site the quickest but maximizes the job to make sure they are faster when also getting you back into your home or place of business. Why SERVPRO? Because we understand what it means to be the leader in restoration not just in our city but across the nation, being a company that is available 24/7 we are truly around the clock. SERVPRO of Ojai/Montecito has a professional always on call to make sure we are ready to jump into action no matter what time it is or what the job call may be! You’ll never have to worry about what time your emergency may happen knowing that we will be there for you immediately.
What You Should Look for in a Restoration Company
SERVPRO is ready for your disaster.
Even though it seems to be smooth sailing you should always be taking proactive steps to manage the potential risk that disaster(s) could bring your commercial property. Take the time to establish a working relationship with a commercial emergency restoration management company, such as SERVPRO, that you may need in the future. Here are some things to look for when you are shopping around.
- Are they a 24 hour emergency response team? If 25/8 was a thing SERVPRO is on it, never be afraid to call us because we will be there.
- Do they work with your insurance? Of course, we want you to be covered so we will do our part to help you and communicate with all parties involved.
- Are they safe and reliable? Absolutely, we hold team meetings every morning to go over a new or refresher topic of safety to keep everyone reliable and aware.
- Do they have expert technicians and the experience? All of our technicians and office staff are IICRC trained and have continual training to ensure they are up to date and aware of all possible losses.
- Will they update you and keep your file safe? Yes, we promise daily updates to both you and your insurance company so you will never be in the dark.
These are all great questions to have and to ask. At SERVPRO of Ojai/Montecito we can guarantee that you will be more than satisfied with us as your primary commercial disaster response team because we know we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
3 Things to Keep in Mind After a Fire Damage
Fires can be scary but SERVPRO is here to ease the stress after the flames are out.
Finding someone to help you repair your home after a fire can be stressful. Here are three reasons why you should hire SERVPRO of Ojai/Montecito specialists to assist you.
- We are the best in the business and the most reliable professionals you can call. We know how upsetting it can be to deal with a fire in your home. The stress can be maddening. You just want to get back to your normal life. Instead of taking everything on yourself, you can count on our team to help you. It will be one less thing for you to worry about.
- We have all of the necessary tools for the job. The specialists at our business have been providing restoration services for many years, so you can rest assured that we have the right tools for the job. We use only the best cleaners, make sure that everyone has masks on, and work hard to repair your home.
- We give the correct advice with your best interest in mind. You can sit online and get a lot of advice regarding what you should do after a fire occurs in your home, but you never know who has written this information. Our team of certified professionals will be able to tell you what needs to be updated, what items can stay, and what needs to be thrown away.
Never be afraid to call us 24/7 we are always ready to go and ready to help no matter how big or small your fire damage may seem to you. It is always important to us here at SERVPRO.